Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Swiss Bliss...

A lot can be said for being able to escape the summer heat in Texas...

And when you add to that possibility the cool, mountain air in Switzerland...

What you have is Swiss Bliss...!

I am so fortunate to be in that situation... especially since I have never acclimated to the Texas summer heat, even though I grew up there from the age of one!   Summers before air conditioning were the worst for me!  Basically, I have always had a lack of tolerance for extreme heat or cold...but the heat reduces me to a lifeless, dizzy, fair skinned fille.

So...I can't complain when I have to add a few layers of clothing to counter the mountain chill...but it is usually pretty perfect between 50-80°f.   Just right for walks into town or spending time at my easel...

These are some of my recent paintings while here in Switzerland...hope you enjoy...














My continued journey has given me the opportunity to combine my past disciplines, work, and passions ...into my current pursuit of creating at my easel...

My work is divided between my living 6 months of the year in Texas and the other 6 months in Switzerland.  My work is represented by figurative paintings...influenced from my life as a dancer and later as a fashion illustrator with the respect and beauty of the human body...

Hope you are enjoying your summer...
Wherever that may be...

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like pure heaven to me. My father lived in Texas for many years. The heat in the summer was oppressive. Your artwork is lovely. I will be following along. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...please take a moment to say hello...