Maryanne from Beadboard UpCountry has honored me with a nomination for the Kreativ Blogger. So here are seven things that most readers don’t know about me…
1. My first passion in life was dancing. From nine years of age all through junior high and high school, I would go directly to the dance studio after school each day for 5-6 hours of study. I was a member of a modern jazz/ ballet company in
2. I am not easily impressed. As a teenager, I thought school was insipid… so I went to summer school each summer to get ahead and graduated when I was 16. I didn’t even tell my folks about the graduation ceremony and I never went back to pick up my diploma.
'70 Big Movie Hit - the year I graduated from H.S.
3. I love gardening… but you wouldn’t know it from looking at my lack of landscaping at my current home. I cannot tolerate the
4. I have transitioned through other creative mediums. Before going into interior design, I was in advertising. I had been around art my whole life since my mother is an artist… so drawing came natural to me. My time in advertising began as a fashion illustrator. From there I became an Art Director, which culminated with the Horchow Collection. From there I returned to school to study interior design…
5. I’m a mom, first and foremost. When my children were very young, I made the decision to take a sabbatical from my work so that I could be a full time mom. It wasn’t the best choice to make career wise, but my children are the most important part of my life, and I’d do the same all over again.
6. On the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, I am an INTJ. I am a very private person, and even my friends think that I am somewhat of an enigma. I am currently reading the book by Debra Ollivier “What French Women Know” and I think that they must all be INTJ’s as well – who knew that I was really French! Perhaps I should move to
7. I don’t have a lot of patience when it comes to repeating things over and over to correct mistakes… much like when I decided to quit smoking umpteen years ago… I just wanted to go through it one time and one time only! When I took the NCIDQ exam to get my state licensing, I studied my butt off and I passed all three sections in my first sitting so that I wouldn’t have to go back to retake any of it.
I am very passionate about all things creative and I have the highest regard and respect for the talents of others. I am so much in awe of the fabulous blogs that I have discovered since becoming a part of this community. I promise to eventually finish the blog “drafts” that I have put on the back burner while working on projects. But in the mean time, reading all the wonderful blogs from others fuels my passion with more inspirations… thank you!
Seven Bloggers that I would like to acknowledge and nominate for the Kreativ Blogger... for which some are "new" to me, are:
They, among many others, are a wonderful source of inspiration, entertainment, and a reminder of the collective power of creative minds and the art of sharing.