Sunday, May 20, 2012

Heaven in France...


Traveling from Paris to the south into Provence and then back to Paris over a two week visit offered a lot of variety.!  One of my favorite visits was to Seguret France.  I know that I'm jumping into the middle of my trip as far as showing you photos... but I think you will enjoy it and see why it was so special.

The photos are of an estate owned by Walter, an old dear friend of my travel companion where we stayed as his guests.  The estate overlooks the acres and acres of vineyards of his winery...Domaine de Mourchon.  Walter is the epitome of the English Gentleman.  Unfortunately his wife was on holiday in London and I did not get to meet her.  She is quite a talent, and the home and interiors is a reflection of that.  She and Walter designed the estate.  You would assume if you didn't know better, that it was a very old chateau that had been updated.  The photos are mostly of the exterior and a few of the kitchen.  I did not want to invade their privacy by showing all of the interiors... but they were fantastic!  I fore warn you that I have shown a lot of photos.  For some it will be more than you want to scroll through... for others who enjoy lots of information, you will appreciate the different and varied angles that I have provided.  I don't think the photos need many comments from me as you will just enjoy them as they are... a slice of heaven...











The guest wing





























































Anyone for a game of boules?  (For the record... I won!)

My gracious host Walter

























OK... I know that is a lot of photos, so thanks for your patience!  To give you a break, I will post the photos of the winery processing rooms and tasting room in another post...



3 comments:

  1. Wow! nice place, it is really helpful for me...thanks.
    holiday deals france

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am certain-
    this IS heaven!!!

    thanks xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teri, what a wonderful place to stay in Provence! your trip sounds incredible!

    bisous
    Kit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...please take a moment to say hello...